Bin collection service
Your bin service
We provide a kerbside waste collection service to residents in Nuneaton and Bedworth; including a wheeled bin service for household residents and communal bin services for flat residents.
Your household bin collection service
- General non-recyclable waste - Black lid bin – 240L wheeled bin for non-recyclable household waste
- Recycling - Brown lid bin with container insert – 240L wheeled bin for comingled recyclables and 20L container insert for paper and card. Download Guide to recycling right.
- Garden and Food - Optional: Green lid bin – 240L wheeled bin for garden and food waste (chargeable opt-in service)
- This is a fortnightly (two-weekly) collection service. Your brown lid recycling and garden green bins will be collected on the alternate week to your black household waste bin. Download your collection calendar.
- Your bin must be presented at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day. You can download your collection calendar here. We will not return to bins missed due to non-presentation.
- Your bin must be returned to your property as soon as possible, after collection. We actively enforce against bins left on streets which can result in a fine.
- Your bin lid must be closed. No additional side will be collected for general waste or green waste; however, you can present additional recycling with your brown lid bin on collection day (mixed recycling must be placed in a container - paper/card separated in a cardboard box or paper bag).
- You must present only accepted waste in each bin, contaminated bins with incorrect waste will be rejected. Download the guide to recycling right to avoid missed collections. Read the household bin pages to view each service for black, brown and green bins.
- You can swap any of your 240L bins for a 140L bin
Your flats/communal bin collection service
- General waste - Green or grey bin - large communal general household waste bin (a sufficient number of communal bins will be supplied dependent upon number of flat residents)
- Recycling - Blue bin or bin with signage as appropriate – comingled recycling (due to increased recycling contamination issues at flats, we do not supply this service unless used correctly)
- General waste is collected weekly and recycling fortnightly. Collections take place on different days throughout the week. General waste is generally collected the first half of the week and recycling later.
- Waste must be put within the bin, waste left outside of the bin, inside or outside of the bin store, will be classed as fly-tipping. We actively enforce against fly-tipping which can lead to a fine.
- Communal bins are for the use of flat residents only, use by external parties will be classed as fly-tipping which can lead to a fine.
- Communal bins are for household waste only, any bulky waste left in communal bins or bin stores will be classed as fly-tipping which can lead to a fine.
- Please ensure you are recycling the correct items only if a recycling bin is available for use. Items accepted include all those accepted in the household service, mixed. Incorrect use of recycling bins will result in them being uplifted.
We provide a well-used bulky waste collection service to our residents, be sure to book in advance and keep waste on your property until collection days.
Judkins household waste recycling centre is available for use by residents for bulky waste, the HWRC’s are ran by Warwickshire County Council and work on a free advanced-booking system basis. Other sites outside of Nuneaton and Bedworth can also be used by residents.
Last updated Thursday, 3rd June 2021