Pre-application planning advice
Pay for pre-application planning advice
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council planning team can provide you with advice and information on planning matters regarding your proposed development or change once you have submitted your application and paid your fee.
Pre-application planning advice service
If you wish to take advantage of our pre-application advice service, complete the form and pay for the service required.
- upload your supporting plans, drawings, sketches, photos
Development pre-application advice
The service is intended to provide you with an indication as to whether your proposal:
- is likely to gain planning permission or not
- what the key planning issues are likely to be
- what you would need to submit with any application that you make
Permitted development rights
The service is intended to provide you with an officer opinion as to whether planning permission is required for your development proposals. However, this is informal advice and does not have the same status as a Certificate of Lawfulness.
What happens next
- If a point in the discussions is reached where your proposal is considered likely to be acceptable, you will be advised of this so that you can make a full planning application if you wish
- Where necessary, discussions could continue during the lifetime of a formal application, but we seek to avoid the need for this through engaging in thorough pre-application discussions
- If a point in the discussions is reached where your proposal is not considered to be acceptable, you will be advised of this, and discussions will be concluded
Any informal advice given is not binding on the Council as the Local Planning Authority and is given in the spirit of helpfulness but does not prejudice the Council’s future consideration of a formal planning application.
Last updated Wednesday, 15th March 2023