Pre-application planning advice
Pre-app advice fees
Preparing to carry out a development can be expensive. To help you minimise the cost of this process, we provide a pre-application service.
All of the below fees are inclusive of 20% VAT.
- Extension or development: £168
- One dwelling: £600
- Two to nine dwellings: £1440
- 10 to 49 dwellings: £3600
- 50 to 199 dwellings: £6480
- 200 plus dwellings: £9000
Non-residential – proposed development type
- Advertisements: £180
- Change of use: £380
- Telecommunications: £420
- Non-residential floorspace - less than 200 sqm: £168
- Non-residential floorspace - 200 to 499 sqm: £600
- Non-residential floorspace - 500 to 999 sqm: £1,440
- Non-residential floorspace - 1,000 to 9,999 sqm: £3,600
- Non-residential floorspace - over 10,000 sqm: £6,480
- Listed buildings: £720
- Permitted development: £120
- Trees: £420
These charges are in addition to the planning application fees that are set nationally.
Planning Performance Agreements (PPA)
Where you propose a major development and wish to enter into a formal Planning Performance Agreement (PPA), you are advised to contact the Head of Development Control and seek specific advice and guidance.
Last updated Monday, 21st August 2023