Apply for planning permission
If you are planning on developing within the Borough, or making alterations to your property, use the information below for help and guidance including finding out if you need planning permission, and learning how to apply, current applications and previous decisions, relevant policy and guidance, and other information.
Find out if you need planning permission for household development, like conservatories, extensions, and outbuildings.
Planning application fees
Calculate the planning application fee that you will need to pay.
What happens when I submit my application
The planning application system follows this process:
- when a planning application is received by the Council, we check all the details submitted are correct and the application is valid
- if it's valid, we would contact neighbours and other interested parties, and they are given 21 days in which to comment on the planning application
- planning officer makes a site visit to assess the application and its impact on the surrounding area
- we will negotiate with you or your agent if there are any issues
- recommendation is made of either approval, approval subject to conditions, or if approval is not possible; a refusal is made
Last updated Tuesday, 6th June 2023
You said, we did