Housing options advice
The Housing Options team are able to give information and advice on a wide range of housing issues including your legal rights.
The team have a variety of initiatives to try and assist you, these will be discussed with you during their investigation.
Housing Options advice is available at the following times at the Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5AA;
- Monday to Friday from 9.00am until 5.00pm or by calling 02476 376406.
If your situation is an emergency and you are faced with homelessness we will try and ensure that a Housing Options officer is available for you during office hours.
You may find it helpful to come in and see a Housing Options officer if you:
- are living in privately rented accommodation and your landlord is asking you to leave
- are living with family or friends and they have asked you to leave
- have become, or think that you are likely to become homeless
- are experiencing domestic abuse
- are having difficulties paying your rent or mortgage
- would like information on accessing privately rented accommodation
When you come and see a Housing Options officer it would be useful if you could bring all relevant documentation with you, such as:
- court papers
- tenancy agreement
- proof of identity for each member of the household
- proof of pregnancy
- proof of income
The Housing Options officer will explore your housing options including:
- negotiating with landlord/parents/friends
- information on Homehunt in order to apply for social housing
- how to apply for shared ownership schemes
- private renting properties via the Bond Assistance Scheme
- supported housing schemes
The Housing Options officer may also refer you to other specialist housing providers in the area.
Last updated Tuesday, 25th April 2017