Green bin - garden and food waste
Apply for a green bin collection service
The current green bin subscription period will continue up until 17th Janurary 2020, applications for the current service period will close on the 13th November 2019. In order to apply for the current service - call 024 7637 6170 to speak with an advisor.
Subscriptions for the next 2020/21 service, starting from 3rd February 2020 running until January 2021, will be open from Monday 18th November.
How the service will work
The service will cost £40 per bin for each year from February to January (apart from a short break during winter). Any green bin subscription taken now will be for a collection service from February 2019 to January 2020. There are no discounts for part-year subscriptions. There are no concessions or discounts for this service.
- apply for a garden waste collection service, we will issue you with a sticker for your bin
- when you receive your sticker, you will need to stick it to the body of your bin at the rear, below the handle
- this sticker will be unique to you and will match our records
- we will only empty green bins that display a sticker
I don't want to pay for a green bin
- consider composting or mulching
any green garden waste can be taken to Judkins Household Recycling Centre on Tuttle Hill free of charge, in an unrestricted vehicle. Food and garden waste taken to Judkins will need to be kept separate as are treated differently on site.
Last updated Friday, 1st November 2019