Museum & Art Gallery
Events and activities
We are really excited about lots of new free activities that we have introduced around the museum. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Look out for new QR codes throughout the museum’s rooms. These can be scanned on your smart phone and will take you direct to on-line blogs, object films, art jigsaws and more.
- Our Local History Gallery now features a new film about Nuneaton entertainer Larry Grayson. Larry presented TV’s Generation Game between 1978 and 1982. In this gallery, you can also measure yourself against the height of the flood waters that Nuneaton has experienced over the years.
- Museum trails are available.
- Storytelling for under 5s.
- Join us on the third Thursday of every month for storytelling between 11:15am and 11:45am.
Be prepared to join in, make some noise and have some fun! No need to book just drop in. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
FREE Saturday Drop-in Sessions
Saturday, 18 June - Unveiling the Museum's Masks
Every mask tells an intriguing story. Come on a journey to discover the fascinating history behind the museum's collection of masks. Get hands-on with masks of all shapes, sizes, colours and forms from South Africa to Southeast Asia. All handling sessions are free. No need to book just drop in anytime from 11:00am until 4:00pm. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
FREE Friday Lunchtime Talks
Friday, 16 June 2023 - "Piping up and Harping on!" - Richard York
Join Richard as he brings music with some traditional stories associated with them. He will be using historical pipes, sweet sounding Northumbrian Smallpipes and also early Tudor harps. A special treat for the ears.
Seats are limited so please book by calling the museum on 02476 376 158 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Tuesday, 6th June 2023
You said, we did