Passport to Leisure
Applying for a Passport to Leisure
- Download and complete a passport to leisure application form.
Passport to Leisure (PTL) is a free card that will entitle eligible residents of Nuneaton, Bedworth, Bulkington and areas of Exhall & Kerersley that come under NBBC, to free or discounted access to a range of sports and leisure activities.
As a PTL member, you will be able to participate in a variety of activities at the four NBBC leisure centres in Nuneaton and Bedworth, managed by Everyone Active, at a discounted rate of between 10 and 25% off, these include: swimming, gym, tennis, badminton and squash.
If you are aged 60 years and over, under 16 years old or under 18 years old and still in full time education, you will be able to access free gym use at Jubilee Sports Centre between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and free public and lane swimming at Bedworth and Pingles Leisure Centres. Those individuals who are in receipt of certain benefits or allowances may also be eligible. Please see the Frequently asked questions below.
This is a fantastic way for our residents to be able to take part in sports and leisure activities as part of an active and healthy lifestyle.
All applicants need to complete an application form (in black ink) and return it, along with the relevant documentation (as detailed on the application form), to any of the Everyone Active managed Leisure or Sports Centres.
- Bedworth Leisure Centre - 024 7649 9010
- Etone Sports Centre - 024 7632 0620
- Jubilee Sports Centre - 024 7634 3688
- Pingles Leisure Centre - 024 7632 1200
Proof of residence is also required for all applications (including children, detailing BOTH name and address). This could be a council tax bill, driving licence, medical card or utility bill. Your previous Passport to Leisure will not be accepted as proof of residence, neither will your birth certificate or passport.
We are unable to return any supporting documentation so copies will be required. Please DO NOT send originals. Documentation will be checked and if eligible your PTL card will be available for collection from one of the above centres after 14 days. Please be prepared for a receptionist to take your photograph. If you are renewing your PTL, your existing card will be reactivated within 14 days. Please ensure that your email address is supplied where possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is free and at what times?
- Registering for a PTL is free.
- Swimming at anytime and access to the gym at Jubilee, off peak between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, is free for PTL users who are under 16, under 18 and in full time education or over 60 years old.
- What is available at a concessionary rate and what is the concessionary rate? (Will it entitle children to discounted tennis for instance?)
- Full monthly membership is £33.50/month, but for someone with PTL its £22.99/month. Full membership allows for free use of gym, swimming, and classes, at any time!
- There is a 25% discount on swimming to those who have PTL, but do not qualify for free swimming.
- There is a 10% discount on all other activities including tennis, this will apply for children also. A full list is included in the email you receive once you have registered for a PTL membership, with prices and concession prices along with the activity. Also if you click on the link at the bottom of the page there is a concession list for each centre.
- Who else is eligible for a PTL & how often do I need to renew my PTL card?
PTL renewal every 2 years:
- 60 years and over
- Under 16 years and in full time education
- 16 years of age and under
- Disability Living Allowance
- Personal Independence payment
PTL renewed 6 months:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Housing/Council Tax benefit
- Universal Credit
- Employment Support Allowance
- Working Tax credit
- Carers Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- IS Benefit
- JAS Benefit
- ESA Benefit
- Pension Credit
- Widows benefit
- Bereavement benefit
- Incapacity benefit
Last updated Monday, 30th November 2020