Bedworth town centre
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council Bedworth in partnership with Warwickshire County Council commissioned consultants to prepare a high level visioning document to help shape the long term future of Bedworth town centre.
The Bedworth Visioning Document, suggests 12 aspirational ideas for Bedworth town centre to try and ensure that it remains relevant and is in the best possible position to adapt and grow in the face of changing consumer shopping habits.
The 12 aspirational ideas
- Enhancing All Saints Square and creating a vibrant centre around All Saints Church
- Improving the sense of place at the Almshouses frontage
- Extending green spaces further into the heart of Bedworth town centre
- Introducing a focal point at the junction of All Saints Square and King Street
- Creating a visual link between All Saints Church and the Almshouses
- Consider the market hall space and create a link with All Saints Church and the Almshouses
- Improving views into Bedworth from the Ringway
- Introducing focal point developments at gateway positions on the Ringway
- Encouraging frontage development onto the Ringway
- Creating an opportunity for a landmark building at All Saints Square next to bus stops, fronting onto Mill Street
- Improving approach from the Railway Station
- Improving views of All Saints Church tower
The visioning document is an aspirational view of how Bedworth Town Centre could look in the future. A lot more work would have to be done, some of it over many of years, before any, or all, of the vision can become a reality – for example existing uses, ownership and leases would all need to be taken into consideration and funding secured to deliver the ideas.
Last updated Friday, 7th February 2020