Museum and Art Gallery
Events and activities
We are really excited about lots of new free activities that we have introduced around the museum. Although we have had to temporarily remove some of our high-touch interactives to keep visitors safe, we still have lots to keep you busy on your visit.
- Look out for new QR codes throughout the museum’s rooms. These can be scanned on your smart phone and will take you direct to on-line blogs, object films, art jigsaws and more
- Our Local History Gallery now features a new film about Nuneaton entertainer Larry Grayson. Larry presented TV’s Generation Game between 1978 and 1982. In this gallery, you can also measure yourself against the height of the flood waters that Nuneaton has experienced over the years
- Help! Some toy bunnies have escaped in the museum. Can you spot where all the cheeky fur-balls are hiding
- Museum trails are available
Storytelling for under 5s
Join us on the third Wednesday of every month for storytelling between 11:15am and 11:45am. Be prepared to join in, make some noise and have some fun!
No need to book just drop in. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Children's Make 'n' Take Activities
- 10:30am to 3:30pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (during school holidays).
Join us for some fun Make 'n' Take Activities during the school holidays. Children must be accompanied by an adult. At busy times you may be asked to wait. Just pop along and have some fun! No need to book.
Friday Lunchtime Talk
- 21 October 2022 at 12:30pm to 1:30pm
Simon Gulliver: The Making of our Midland Landscape
Join Simon and his fascinating talk to discover how the Midlands landscape has evolved since the Ice Age by both natural processes and the hand of man. Booking is essential as places are limited. FREE but donations are welcomed.
Hands on History Session
- Saturday, 15 October 2022, 11:00am until 4:00pm
Back to the Future
Come down to your museum to see a variety of timepieces from a sun dial to a pocket watch to a mobile phone. This should be an informative way to pass your time.
Last updated Thursday, 22nd September 2022