Brown-lid bin - recyclables
Mixed recycling service changes
The brown-lid bin household recycling service in Nuneaton and Bedworth changed on Monday, 23 October.
From this date, households can place all recyclable materials into the main body of the brown-lid bin without having to separate paper and card in a recycling caddy.
- Do not use the recycling caddy
- Do not dispose of your recycling caddy in your black bin or attempt to recycle in your brown-lid bin
- We will remove unwanted caddies from Monday, 6 November
- Place the caddy beside your brown-lid bin on your next recycling collection day, and it will be collected separately. Please leave out until collected
- We have visited all streets, and we are now on a second visit, if you no longer want your caddy insert please leave out for collection.
Reuse your caddy
You can keep your caddy and reuse it for something else. Consider using it as storage box in your home or in your garage or use it as a garden planter
Why are we making this change
The change is because of alterations to the recycling service for Nuneaton and Bedworth which is happening across Coventry and Warwickshire.
- All recycled materials will be handled by a new hi-tech recycling centre in Coventry
This will help bring further improvements to the recycling service in the months to come.
Last updated Tuesday, 5th December 2023