Report dogs not on lead in a designated area
The team will investigate the incident and appropriate action will be taken against offenders where possible.
Provide the following information about the incident:
- Date and time
- Description of the person in charge of the dog
- Description of the dog
- If they arrived in a vehicle, a description of the vehicle
- How far away you were when the incident occurred
- What kind of view you had
Dogs on leads zones
The Dogs on Leads Order requires people in charge of a dog to put their dog on a lead and keep it on a lead in any area designated by this order. All these areas have signs indicating that dogs are to be kept on leads. The areas are:
- Oaston Road Cemetery, Nuneaton
- Bucks Hill Cemetery, Stockingford, Nuneaton
- Attleborough Cemetery, Nuneaton
- Coventry Road Cemetery, Bedworth
- Marston Lane Cemetery, Bedworth
- All roads within the Borough of Nuneaton and Bedworth (as defined by Section 142 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984)
- All sports grounds, fields, parks and pitches not subject to the Dogs Exclusion part of the Dog Control Public Space Protection Order 2017, when in use for authorised sporting matches.
We have one animal warden who promotes responsible dog ownership. They can issue fixed penalty notices of £100 for people failing to comply with the order. If the fine is not paid the case will be taken to court. When an offence is committed the individual in charge of the dog can be prosecuted and face a fine of up to £1,000.