Making an insurance claim against the Council

If you wish to make an claim against the Council, you must complete our insurance claim form. You will need to register if you do not have an online account.

Complete an insurance claim form

Complete the form as fully as possible, and include copies of estimates and receipts where necessary. Incomplete forms will be rejected and you will be asked to resubmit the form.

By completing the insurance claim form, this is not an admittance of any liability by the Council. There is no guarantee that you will receive any payment or compensation.

Contact the relevant organisation if your claim involves one of the following organisations:

  • Recycling vehicle or collection - contact Coventry City Council
  • Roads, pavements and verges - contact Warwickshire County Council
  • Contractor or an organisation carrying out works on behalf of the Council - contact the contractor or organisation directly

Organisations working on behalf of the Council have insurance which indemnifies the Council against any damage they cause. The Council will not be involved in these claims or accept any liability for damage caused by an external organisation carrying out works on its behalf.