Moving house or a change of circumstances

You must let us know if you move home or if there is a change in your circumstances that affects the amount you have to pay, so that we can adjust your bill. We may need to transfer your Council Tax account from your old address to your new one.

How to notify the Council

If you are moving into or within the Borough:

Register for Council Tax

If you are leaving the Borough or want to apply for a discount on your bill, you can either download one of the forms below, email us at or call us on 024 7637 6534 to speak to a member of our Billing team.

  • Council tax vacation form - if you are vacating a property and leaving the area or moving to a property within the Borough where you will not be the liable person
  • Council tax discount application form - to apply for a discount on your bill

You must notify the Council within 21 days of the event occurring.