Annual Canvass 2022
Nuneaton and Bedworth Annual Canvass 2022
Each year the Electoral Registration Officer has a legal requirement to conduct an annual canvass to ensure the electoral register is accurate and complete. Households will be contacted in different ways depending on the result of our local and national data matching.
In order to know who is eligible to register to vote, we need to know who lives at your address. This form is to collect this information. Although this form is not a registration form, the information you provide will enable us to send a separate registration form to all the people in your household who are eligible and need to register.
What form will I receive?
- You will receive an A4 form, that will be a Canvass Communication A (CCA) or Canvass Communication B (CCB)
I have received a Canvass Communication A
For those properties where we think there may not be any changes to the information we hold, we will send you a form that will state: Is the electoral register information correct for this address?
We will send this form week commencing 11 July 2022. View an example of a CCA form.
What do I need to do when I receive this?
- If there are no changes to your household:
You do not need to respond to this form.
- If the information on the form is not correct:
You must respond by updating your details. You will need your two-part security number that is on the form that we sent to you.
I have received a Canvass Communication B (CCB)
For properties where we think the information we hold is not up to date, we will send you a CCB form that will state: You must respond so we can check who is eligible to register to vote
This form will be sent at the beginning of 11 July 2022. View an example of a CCB form.
It is important that you confirm the information or advise us of any changes straight away to avoid further reminders being sent to you.
What do I do when I receive the CCB form?
The communication you receive will explain the different ways to respond which are:
- Visit the household response website
- Enter your unique two-part security code as shown on the form you have been sent
- Update or confirm your household information and submit
Or if there are no changes to the information on the form then you can respond by:
- Calling 0800 197 9871 and when prompted enter part one and part two of your security code
If you are not able to use any of the above options, then you can phone us on 024 7637 6250 or return the form to us by post.
- If you do not respond to the canvass communications, a reminder will be sent to you week commencing 15 August 2022
What form will I receive?
You will receive a Canvass Form which will be A3 in size - example of canvass form
Why should I respond to the form?
- It is compulsory to respond to the form, if you do not, you could go to court and be fined up to £1,000
- Only those registered as electors can vote. If you are not registered you cannot help decide who represents you or your local area, or who forms the next government
- The register is supplied to credit reference agencies, so non-registration may affect your ability to open a bank account, take out a mortgage, or buy things on credit
- Juries are summoned using the electoral register
- To help detect crime and prevent fraud
Last updated Monday, 5th September 2022