Green bin - garden and food waste
Apply for a green bin collection service
You can now sign up for the next green bin service, which begins on Monday 3rd February 2020 & runs until January 2021
Subscriptions for the current 19/20 service - which ends 17th January 2020, are now closed.
How the service will work
The service will cost £40 per bin for each year from February to January (apart from a short break during winter). Any green bin subscription payments taken now will be for the 20/21 collection service which runs from February 2020 to January 2021. You can sign up later when the service has begun but there are no discounts for part-year subscriptions. There are no concessions or discounts for this service.
- apply for a garden waste collection service, we will issue you with a sticker for your bin
- when you receive your sticker, you will need to stick it to the body of your bin at the rear, below the handle
- this sticker will be unique to you and will match our records
- we will only empty green bins that display a sticker
I don't want to pay for a green bin
- consider composting or mulching
any green garden waste can be taken to Judkins Household Recycling Centre on Tuttle Hill free of charge, in an unrestricted vehicle. Food and garden waste taken to Judkins will need to be kept separate as are treated differently on site.
Last updated Tuesday, 19th November 2019