Green bin - garden and food waste
Apply for a green bin collection service
From February 2019, the green bin service will cost an annual fee of £40 per bin for a fortnightly collection service. This subscription period runs up until the end of January 2020.
- you can sign-up to the service at any time during the year, however, there are no part-year discounts and you may have to wait up to 10 working days for the collection service to begin
How the service will work
The service will cost £40 per bin for each year from February to January (apart from a short break during winter). Any green bin subscription taken now will be for a collection service from February 2019 to January 2020. You can sign-up at any time, but there are no discounts for part-year subscriptions. There are no concessions or discounts for this service.
- apply for a garden waste collection service, we will issue you with a sticker for your bin
- when you receive your sticker, you will need to stick it to the body of your bin at the rear, below the handle
- this sticker will be unique to you and will match our records
- we will only empty green bins from February 2019 that display a sticker
I don't want to pay for a green bin
- consider composting or mulching
any green garden waste can be taken to Judkins Household Recycling Centre on Tuttle Hill free of charge, in an unrestricted vehicle. Food and garden waste taken to Judkins will need to be kept separate as are treated differently on site.
If you don't wish to keep your bin, present your bin for uplift on your black bin day between 25th March and 5th April
Last updated Wednesday, 29th May 2019