Could you be a councillor and make a difference to your community?
Published on Friday, 4th October 2019
Community-minded local residents are being encouraged to find out what it takes to become a councillor.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council has joined with the national Be a Councillor campaign to run an event on November 4th which will provide you with all the information and advice you will need if you are considering standing.
Perhaps you are looking for a worthwhile and rewarding way to help your local community, or you are already involved in local affairs and want to take the next step.
No other role gives you the chance to make such a huge difference to the quality of life of people in your local area and influence the way issues are dealt with across Nuneaton and Bedworth.
Our event is open to all - every section of the community is invited.
It is important that councillors not only reflect and represent the communities they serve, but also have a broad range of skills and life experience. Groups made up of people from different backgrounds and with different skills tend to make better decisions.
We need candidates who are capable, energetic and engaged, passionate about the local area and committed to local people.
Join us at our session on November 4 to:
- find out more about the role of councillors
- see how you could use your life experiences and skills – and gain new skills
- hear what it’s like to be a councillor (from councillors here and around the country)
- find out about the process of standing for election
- get support for people interested in independent politics
- speak to local political parties
- meet council and Be a Councillor campaign officers
- take a tour of the Town Hall / council chamber.
Be a Councillor Event - November 4 2019 from 5-8pm
If you would like to pre-book your attendance please click here
Or for more information contact:
- More articles in the news archive