Love Your Community Borough Lottery Grant Scheme!
Published on Thursday, 15th August 2019
To celebrate the first full year of Borough Lottery operation, we decided to launch a special Love Your Community grant scheme.
The scheme enabled local community or voluntary groups to apply for a grant of up to £1000 to be used towards projects which would help benefit local people.
There was a total of £10,000 available to apply for, with a maximum grant of £1,000 available to a single organisation.
We saw a significant number of grant applications and after careful consideration by panel members, 11 projects were chosen to receive the funding, the successful applicants chosen are as follows:
1. Quirky Kids -Using the funding to purchase equipment including large sensory boards, water and activity tables, bean bags and books
2. Exhall Boxing Academy - Using the funding to purchase new boxing equipment
3. Ryders Hill Allotment Association - Will be purchasing a heavy duty hose reel and pull trolley
4. Haunchwood Sports Junior Football Club – Will be purchasing a storage container to support delivery
5. Griff and Coton Sports Club – Will be using the funding to improve access to the building
6. Volunteer Friends – Using the funding to pilot a project to form a choir for people living with dementia
7. The Serenity Garden- George Eliot Hospital- Using the funding to purchase tool storage units and plants
8. Escape Arts - Will use the funds towards the creation of a new piece of public art work
9. Conifer Friendship Group – Will be using funding to purchase a laptop and printer
10. Guardians Of Stubbs Pool – Funding will be used to purchase essential equipment for a variety of projects
11. Nuneaton Central Scout Group - The funding will be used to support refurbishment of the facilities
Anyone who buys a £1 ticket can elect for 50 pence of the money to go to one of the 76 local community groups, charities and sports clubs (Good Causes) that have signed up so far. An additional 10 pence from every ticket sold goes into the general pot that is distributed yearly through the Love Your Community Grant Scheme to local good causes. The remaining 40 pence covers the costs of our Lottery operator Gatherwell Ltd, covers tax and goes towards the prize fund.
Entrants can either play online or call the dedicated Borough Lottery support line on 0247 7220 007. Draws are made electronically at 8pm each Saturday evening with the results published on the Lottery’s website, Twitter and Facebook accounts. Winners are also informed by email.
Borough Lottery would like to say a big thank you to everyone who signed up to play. Without your support we would not have been able to raise the funds for the Love Your Community Grant Scheme! We counted up all the 10ps from the tickets sold over the past year and we were able to raise £10,000 additional funds for your community.
Next year we want to do even better, please continue to support your community and the Borough Lottery and tell your family, friends and colleagues about the fun way to support vital local good causes!
Leader of the Council, Cllr Julie Jackson said:
“This a great achievement, a whopping £10,000 has been redistributed back into our community just from saving up the pennies from ticket sales over the course of the year!
“The local good causes in receipt of the funding have some fantastic innovative ideas of how to use the money to increase their reach and effectiveness. I do hope local people continue to support the Borough Lottery and can see the host of benefits it provides to our local community.”
For more information or to buy a ticket visit boroughlottery.co.uk
- More articles in the news archive