Big clean up
Published on Friday, 2nd February 2018
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council are conducting a litter pick and cleanse along a number of roads in the coming weeks.
Lane closures and traffic management will be in place to enable operatives to carry out the work.
05/02/18 – 07/02/2018 - A444
- Monday 12/02/18 - Gypsy Lane Nuneaton from Coventry Road to Marston lane Nuneaton, both carriageways
- Tuesday 13/02/18 - Marston Lane Bedworth from Canal to Nuneaton Road, Bulkington, both carriageways
- Wednesday 14/02/18 - Coventry Road Bulkington to Coventry Boundary both carriageways
- Thursday 15/02/18 - Astley Lane from Bedworth lane to Smorral Lane both Carriageways
- Friday 16/02/18 - Bedworth Lane from Dove Close to Astley Lane
Car litter, as well as fly tipping along these stretches of roads in recent months has become a common problem and major concern for the council. The council are asking residents and road users to be mindful when disposing of waste. Litter bins are provided in most layby’s for road users, however accumulation of litter is still an ongoing problem in this area. Bulky waste can be taken to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre on Tuttle Hill.
“There has been a major issue with the litter accumulation along these roads for some time which not only uses tax payer’s money to clean, is very unsightly for Nuneaton and Bedworth residents and visitors, but also places litter pickers undertaking the work in a very dangerous situation. The litter pick is necessary to free the area from litter and the council apologises for any inconvenience this may cause during this time. If anyone does see littering from a motor vehicle or fly tipping, I urge you to come forward with the details for us to investigate.”
Said Barry Longden, Portfolio Holder for Health and Environment.
For more information about the cleanse, lane closures, household waste disposal or to report littering, please contact Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council on 024 7637 6376.
- More articles in the news archive