Christmas Windows 2017
Published on Wednesday, 22nd November 2017
As shops and businesses across Nuneaton and Bedworth prepare for the festive season, we are pleased to announce that our 2017 Christmas Windows competition is now open!
We’re looking for the best window displays for the chance to win some fantastic prizes. Throughout the competition, which will be judged on Friday 15 December, we’ll be showcasing entries on Instagram and other social media channels, so everyone can share the fun.
The competition is being sponsored by FaB Networking with FindaBiz and the Small Business Federation.
Cllr Dennis Harvey, Leader of the Council said:
“There is nothing more enticing than a well-dressed Christmas window to attract shoppers through the door, increase footfall and encourage people to shop locally.
“Last year’s competition was a great success and our winner Joco Interiors has set the bar high – this year we are looking forward to seeing some more creative creations that will draw even more visitors to our towns and business districts.
“This is an exciting competition and I’m sure that our shops and businesses will get behind the challenge.”
Cllr Bill Hancox, the Mayor of Nuneaton and Bedworth said:
“This competition brings some extra fun and magic to the festive season and I’m grateful to Amanda Bourne and the other sponsors for their generous contributions.
“I’m really look forward to seeing the entries and being part of the judging panel.”
Amanda Bourne of FaB Networking with FindaBiz said:
“I love getting out and about judging all those windows that have dressed to impress!
“Last year’s entries were truly inspirational and created a real buzz about town. We are encouraging residents to shop locally and this competition recognises the efforts our local businesses are making to attract customers.
“The entries will be showcased on social media so it’s a fantastic way to promote our towns and retail offer.
“Fingers crossed for a few flakes of snow to add to the magic.”
How to take part
For shops and businesses, taking part couldn’t be any more straightforward, simply…
- Dress your window creatively with energy, style and a touch of Christmas magic!
- Let everyone know you're taking part by attaching the window sticker or poster to your window (let us know if you need one & we'll be in touch – please contact FindaBiz at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 07786457888.
- Share a photo of your window via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook #NBxmaswindows17 #Nuneaton #Bedworth #Bulkington. Or send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for us to proudly display on our Instagram accounts.
Why not follow our accounts - Instagram nuneatonandbedworthcouncil, Twitter @NBBCouncil, @NBBInvest, Facebook NBBCouncil. FindaBiz on Instagram: FindaBiz, Twitter @FindaBizuk, Facebook FaB Networking with FindaBiz; Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) on Twitter @FSBWarksCov.
The competition will be judged on 15 December by an independent panel.
Winners will all be notified before Christmas Eve and must agree to participate in publicity activities.
- First prize: 12 months free FaB Networking with FindaBiz and 12 months membership of the FSB.
- Second prize: 6 months free FaB Networking with FindaBiz
- Third prize: 3 months free FaB Networking with FindaBiz
- More articles in the news archive