Tenant engagement stalls heading to Bedworth Market – we want to hear what is important to you
Published on Thursday, 12th October 2023
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council's Housing team will be on hand in Bedworth next week to enhance tenant engagement.
Officers from the Social Housing and Community Safety teams will be at two market stalls in the town on Tuesday, 17 October, and Tuesday, 14 November, from 10am until 2pm.
They want to bring a fresh, face-to-face dimension to tenants with the introduction of the market stalls.
Stall attendees from the Council will include:
- Tenant Engagement Officer – Can help anyone wanting to become more involved within the local community through residents’ scrutiny panel, reporting repairs, damp and mould issues, litter picks, gardening competition and Neighbourhood Watch. They are also really interested in listening to tenants’ views so they can be acted on and make services better.
- Anti-social behaviour Officer – They can assist with any concerns tenants may have in relation to anti-social behaviour, or criminality in the local area. They work closely with Council tenants to support victims and tackle perpetrators of anti-social behaviour.
- Financial Inclusion Team Support Officers – Who can offer support with budgeting, debt concerns, managing money, keeping up with rent payments, paying fuel bills and council tax.
- Skills Officer – Can support tenants wanting to gain new skills to improve their chances for getting better jobs which can be more fulfilling and improve their lives.
Cllr Clare Golby, Deputy Leader of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council and Portfolio Holder for Housing and Communities, said:
"The stalls will provide a great opportunity to connect with council officers as well as Warwickshire Fire and Rescue who will be on hand to promote fire safety in the home and offer safe and well checks.
“An initial stall was held on Nuneaton market last month and saw more than 50 tenants ask a variety of questions, with subjects ranging from damp and mould, benefit checks, bin collection routes and keeping safe in winter.
Another stall is planned for Nuneaton on Wednesday, 22 November.
- More articles in the news archive