Published on Friday, 24th March 2017
Local elections are due to take place on 4 May 2017.
Warwickshire County Council Elections will take place in the following Divisions:
Arbury, Attleborough, Bedworth Central, Bedworth East, Bedworth North, Bedworth West, Bulkington and Whitestone, Camp Hill, Galley Common, Nuneaton Abbey, Nuneaton East, Stockingford and Weddington.
Due to a County Council Boundary Review, local polling stations may have changed so we suggest that poll cards are checked carefully. Alternatively, postcodes may be checked on the Council’s website https://www.nuneatonandbedworth.gov.uk/directory/16/find_my_polling_station.
Following the resignation of Councillor Terry Doherty last week, a Borough Council by-election for the Bulkington Ward will also take place on 4 May 2017.
Poll cards and postal poll cards will be dispatched 24 March 2017:
- The last day to register to vote in this election is 13 April 2017. If you have recently moved the easiest way to register is at www.gov.uk/registertovote
- The deadline to apply for a postal vote or cancel or change an existing postal or proxy vote is 5pm on 18 April 2017.
- Deadline to appoint a proxy is 5pm 25 April 2017
- Polling day is Thursday 4 May 2017 with polling stations open from 7.00am to 10.00pm
- The results of the elections are anticipated early on Friday 5 May 2017 and will be published on the Borough and County Council’s websites.
- More articles in the news archive