Easter holiday family fun at Nuneaton Museum & Art Gallery
Published on Tuesday, 4th April 2023
Join us this Easter for FREE activities and fantastic exhibitions.
Our hat themed activities accompany our temporary exhibition.
Activities run from 10:30am to 3:30pm and there is no need to book, just drop in.
- Tuesday, 4 April – Create a top hat or a 1920’s headband
- Wednesday, 5 April – Colour a carnival queen or king headband
- Thursday, 6 April – Create a pirate hat and eye patch
- Monday, 10 April (bank holiday) - Brilliant Bookmarks - make your own bookmark keepsake to celebrate Nuneaton’s internationally famous writer, George Eliot
- Tuesday, 11 April - Cat and dog Masks
- Wednesday, 12 April - Penguin finger puppets
- Thursday, 13 April - Butterfly
Activities are FREE but donations are welcomed. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Cllr Sue Markham, Portfolio Holder for Public Services at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, said:
“If you are stuck for something to do over the Easter break, why not come to the Museum and get the family involved in creative activities?
“There is something different to do each day from creating hats, masks and bookmarks, all free to attend.
“It will also give you the opportunity to see some of the fantastic exhibitions currently on show.’’
Temporary exhibitions include “Where Did You Get That Hat” which features headwear from the museum’s collections. Visitors can also try on fun hats and have a go at decorating hats.
Also on show is this year’s Festival of Arts Art Exhibition featuring over 400 pieces of art from both adults and children.
- The museum and art gallery we will be closed on Friday, 7 April and Sunday, 9 April
Our usual Museum & Art Gallery opening hours:
- Tuesday to Saturday, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Sunday, 2pm to 4:30pm
- Bank holidays, 10:30am to 4:30pm
- Monday - closed
- More articles in the news archive