Potential grants of up to £1,000 to support sports development
Published on Monday, 10th October 2022
Sports clubs and organisations are encouraged to apply for funding.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council's Active for Life team is calling on all sports clubs and organisations within the Borough to apply for funding to develop and help improve the well-being of residents.
This year the funding will be linked with the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games Legacy, connecting communities and getting people active long term, improving their health and wellbeing.
Those who meet the criteria can apply for a grant of up to £1,000.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Get inactive residents to become active/ get people active long term
- Improve individuals’ health & wellbeing
- Increase participation in sport and physical activity
- Provide evidence there is a need for the project (such as through local consultation)
- Support and develop a new workforce (volunteers)
- Assist in the reduction of anti-social behaviour
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 4 December 2022. Successful applicants will be informed within two weeks of the deadline date.
Visit our Active for Life page to find the grant application form and further guidance.
- More articles in the news archive