Are you eligible for financial support due to Coronavirus self-isolation? Apply now using our online form
Published on Tuesday, 13th October 2020
Following the introduction of a government grant scheme to provide financial assistance for eligible people having to self-isolate because of Coronavirus, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council are providing Self Isolation Payment support to local residents.
The grant scheme will run until 31 January 2021 and all the criteria that individuals must comply with to be able to receive this payment, as set by the government, is as follows:
- Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Are currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
Residents of Nuneaton and Bedworth who have received notification (since the 28th September) from NHS Test and Trace, can now apply via an online application form which can be found here
There is a Discretionary scheme to assist customers who also must fall into all of the above criteria, apart from ‘receiving allowances/credits/benefits’, if you are on a low income you MAY be able to receive support. Please refer to the Authority’s Discretionary Test and Trace Policy before applying.
Candidates will be required to provide specific information during their application which is explained at the start of the process. For people who require assistance to fill out the form, help is available, please call us on 02476 376514.
Once applications have been received, verification of the information provided will be sought from the relevant parties (such as NHS Test and Trace, the applicant’s employer, DWP, HMRC etc) and once all verification has been sought, the successful applicant will receive payments within 3 working days.
- More articles in the news archive