Tackling Inequalities Fund – round 2
Published on Wednesday, 30th September 2020
Our partners at Think Active are pleased to be able to reopen the Tackling Inequalities Fund, following huge success from the first round.
This pot is aimed at a range of communities and issues surrounding access to physical activity and hopes to tackle the divide that lockdown has brought between those that can, and those that have found it difficult to start, or continue to be, physically active.
Applications are now open and will close on the Sunday 4 October, with groups to be notified of a decision by Saturday 31 October.
The priority groups that they are looking for applications from are:
- Minority Groups
- Low socioeconomic backgrounds
- Long-term health conditions
- People with a disability
Applications should address at least one of the below challenges:
- Young Peoples Mental Health, particularly during the summer holidays and for those young people who are/have been shielding
- People who are unable to access online physical activity opportunities due to lack of access or confidence
- Supporting people who are nervous or anxious to return to or start activity within their community as a result of shielding
- People recovering from Covid-19 who would benefit from being more active to help their recovery
- Projects which target people living in communities within Nuneaton and Bedworth, North Solihull, North Warwickshire and Coventry.
Cllr Ian Lloyd, Portfolio Holder for Arts & Leisure said:
“We are pleased that our partners at Think Active were able to open a second round of the Tackling Inequalities Fund. Following the success of the first round, this second round is for a range of communities that have faced challenges when accessing physical activity due to the difficulties lockdown has brought, so we urge those that match the criteria to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Applications should clearly demonstrate how this project will support the adverse effects of Covid-19 and how it will specifically support our priority audience.
Please see here for full guidance notes: www.thinkactive.org/clubs-and-groups/tackling-inequalities-fund/
Apply here: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DWPQYWD
- More articles in the news archive