Are you eligible for financial support due to Coronavirus?
Published on Tuesday, 29th September 2020
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will be providing Self Isolation Payment support to local residents who need financial assistance due to having to self-isolate because of Coronavirus.
The UK government announced there is now a new legal duty on all UK residents to self-isolate if they test positive for COVID-19 or are identified by the NHS Test and Trace as a close contact of someone who has done so.
As this new legal duty may impact your ability to work and earn a living, the government has introduced a grant scheme, which will run until 31 January 2021.
Although the government scheme came into place on 28th September, we are awaiting further guidance before we can to begin to make payments. We hope to begin making payments next week and residents will be able to apply online. We will process any claims submitted this week as a priority.
People who have received notification from NHS Test, Track and Trace with a unique 8-digit identifier number and are eligible under the scheme criteria will receive a payment of:
£500 if they have tested positive for coronavirus and must self-isolate for 10 days (from the point they first developed symptoms or from the date they tested positive if they do not have symptoms), or if a member of their household has tested positive for coronavirus and they are told to self-isolate for 14 days (from the point the other household member first developed symptoms or from the date they tested positive if they did not have symptoms)
The criteria that individuals must comply with to be able to receive this payment, as set by the government is as follows:
- Have been told to stay at home and self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because they have tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Are employed or self-employed
- Are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
- Are currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
There will be further information to follow on Discretionary Lump Sum payments availability in exceptional circumstances, however we are awaiting further information to clarify on this area.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us if you are informed to self-isolate. Please include the following details in your email:
- Full name and address
- Contact number
- The date you have been told to self-isolate from
- Your NHS Test and Trace ID number
Upon receipt of your email we will be in touch as soon as possible with assistance on how to access our online form to apply for the financial support and what further evidence will be required.
- More articles in the news archive