Discretionary Payment Scheme for Small Businesses
Published on Friday, 29th May 2020
The government recently announced that it has provided a Discretionary Grant Scheme for small businesses that were not eligible for the previous COVID-19 related grant schemes.
We have now developed our policy and process for determining the eligible grants for this area.
- Applications must be submitted by 5.00pm on Thursday, 11 June 2020
The government has asked us to prioritise the following types of business:
- Businesses in shared spaces
- Regular market traders
- Charities that would meet the criteria for small business rate relief
- Bed and Breakfast establishments that pay council tax rather than business rates
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
- More articles in the news archive