Christmas Windows competition in Nuneaton and Bedworth
Published on Monday, 14th November 2016
Shops and businesses in Nuneaton and Bedworth are invited to help bring a touch of magic to the borough this Christmas.
Our ‘Christmas Windows’ competition 2016 is now open and we’re looking for the best festive window displays for the chance to win some fantastic prizes.
Throughout the competition we’ll be showcasing entries on Instagram and other social media channels.
The competition is being sponsored by FindaDiscount, the Federation of Small Businesses and Benco Communications.
Cllr Dennis Harvey, Leader of the Council said:
“We’re hoping for stunning results that will draw more visitors to our towns and business districts. This is an exciting competition and I’m sure that our shops, cafes and local enterprises of all kinds will get behind the challenge.”
To mark the launch of the competition, Amanda Bourne, competition sponsor and MD of FindaDiscount joined the Mayor, Cllr Jill Sheppard and her consort Mr Bill Sheppard in the parlour at the Town Hall.
Cllr Sheppard said:
“This is an exciting and imaginative competition and I’m really grateful to Amanda Bourne and the other sponsors for their generous contributions. I look forward to seeing shops and businesses dressed for Christmas!”
Amanda Bourne of FindaDiscount said:
“We are passionate about helping local businesses promote themselves both individually and as a collective and couldn’t think of a better cause to get behind. This promises to really brighten up the borough and bring in extra custom and profits to our local retailers. I’d encourage everyone to get flexing their creative muscles and I can’t wait to get out there judging on 16th December– fingers crossed there may even be some snowflakes in the air!”
Amanda will chair the panel of judges to select the finalists and choose the winners on Friday 16 December. In addition, there will be a public vote to choose the most popular Christmas window, with a special prize for the winning entry.
How to take part
For shops and businesses, taking part couldn’t be any more straightforward, simply…
- Dress your window creatively with energy, style and a touch of Christmas magic!
- Let everyone know you're taking part by attaching the window sticker or poster to your window (let us know if you need one & we'll be in touch – please contact Findadiscount at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 07786457888)
- Share a photo of your window via Instagram, Twitter or Facebook #NBxmaswindows16 #Nuneaton #Bedworth #Bulkington. Or send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for us to proudly display on our Instagram accounts.
Why not follow our accounts - Instagram nuneatonandbedworthcouncil, Twitter @NBBCouncil, Facebook NBBCouncil; Findadiscount on Instagram: findadiscount, Twitter @FindaDiscountUK, Facebook FindaDiscount; Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) on Twitter @FSBWarksCov.
The competition is open from 14 November and will be judged on 19 December by an independent panel. There will be a separate prize for the most popular window by public vote.
Winners will all be notified before Christmas Eve and must agree to participate in publicity activities.
- First prize: a short promotional video for your business by Benco, 12 months free advertising on Findadiscount.co.uk and 12 months membership of the FSB (funding would be for a maximum of £130.00 to cover the first year’s membership for a micro business).
- Second prize: 6 months free advertising on findadiscount.co.uk.
- Third prize: 3 months free advertising on findadiscount.co.uk.
- More articles in the news archive