Coronavirus: helping to support you
Supporting extremely vulnerable people
If you are unable to leave your home due to Covid-19 and have no support to help you get food, medication or to access services then Warwickshire County Council can help you.
- Apply for support from Warwickshire County Council
They can provide support for a number of issues using their normal channels and help you to tap into the additional support being provided by community and voluntary groups.
- medicine deliveries
- community groups
- financial support
- mental health and wellbeing advice
- getting food and essential household goods
- local volunteer networks
- housing support
- health and social care information
- outbound calls made to the shielded list
- information, advice and online services eg virtual/home library
- hospital discharges/hospital to home
- home isolation
If Covid-19 is affecting you and you have no support from friends or family you can also call the hotline number 0800 408 1447.
The hotline is open during these times:
- Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Saturday from 9.00am to 3.00pm
- Sunday from 10.00am to 1.00pm
Local welfare scheme
The Warwickshire local welfare scheme helps our most vulnerable residents at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help. The scheme provides basic and essential help for food and energy. This is given either in emergency food parcels or with credit for energy. It is not a cash benefit.
Shielding information for clinically extremely vulnerable person
Last updated Friday, 22nd January 2021