Coronavirus: helping to support you
Rubbish and recycling
All of our bin collections are running as normal at present, however, there are some changes to our services:
- Judkins recycling centre (owned and managed by Warwickshire County Council) is now open with restrictions and you will need to book a time slot in advance
- Recycling bring banks are closed until further notice
- Bulky waste collections have now restarted. Check the guidance prior to booking to avoid non-collection
- Follow national waste guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus infection
- We will be carrying out both emergency and non-emergency repairs to our tenants' home, planned maintenance programme will also continue.
All our operatives will be following latest Government guidelines regarding social distancing during their visits.
All household members will be required to adhere to social distancing guidelines whilst operatives are working within their homes.
If you have an enquiry related to homelessness and you are unable to call our customer services team by phone, please visit the Town Hall, knock on the main door, and someone will assist you to arrange for a Housing Solutions Officer to contact you.
The Council's Housing Allocations Service has resumed and is fully operational.
Landlords and tenants
We have prepared a summary of advice for landlords and tenants about their rights and responsibilities during the coronavirus outbreak and to support the Coronavirus Act 2020.
Private sector housing
We will only be visiting complaints of disrepair in privately rented properties if there is a risk of serious harm to the tenant or where the repair needed is an emergency. The responsibility will still be on the landlord to resolve these issues where an emergency exists. View further details of how private tenants can be supported with repairs at this time. Please contact us if you have any concerns about private rented housing as we may be able to advise and support without the need to visit.
Major adaptations and home improvement grants – we will be conducting assessments remotely where possible and seek your help in achieving this through family or over the telephone. Contractors are able to work in your home but both you and the tradespersons must take the necessary precautions. Visits and works will only progress with your permission. Please contact us for further advice on the numbers on our home page.
Rent and council tax
Bedworth Civic Hall
All upcoming performances at Bedworth Civic Hall have been cancelled but tickets for future events remain on sale. The High Street Coffee Bar is now closed.
Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery
The museum and tearoom is now closed.
Visit Everyone Active website for the latest information on our leisure sites.
Parks, play areas and green gyms
Our parks and children's playgrounds remain open to the public, however green gyms and multi-use games areas will now be closed until further notice. Users of our parks will be asked to follow Public Health England guidance concerning washing hands and maintaining social distancing around the park and when using the open facilities. View Government guidance on access to green spaces.
Graveside restrictions on the number of people that can attend a funeral are in place. No more than 30 people can attend a graveside funeral service and only 6 may attend ash scatterings.
Pest control service
Pest control services are now available for treatments for infestations of rats, mice and wasps in domestic gardens and inside households.
If you believe you have an infestation of rats or mice, or a wasp nest that needs treatment contact Pest Control on 024 7683 2658
The pest control team will be following latest Government guidelines regarding social distancing during their visits.
- keep any children or pets in a separate room to which the pest controllers enter
- keep two metres distance between yourself and the pest controller during the visit
- if you have symptoms of COVID-19 do not book an appointment until you are clear from symptoms
- if you have been abroad and are adhering to the Government guidelines regarding a two-week quarantine period upon your return - you will need to book your appointment slot for after you have completed your quarantine period
For advice regarding other pests such as bedbugs, fleas, cockroaches or squirrels which we are currently not treating, visit www.coventry.gov.uk/pestcontrol pest pages for each specific pest species where you will find guides on how to self treat and until all services are back up and running.
Our abandoned vehicle removal contractor is currently not removing any vehicles due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Last updated Tuesday, 12th January 2021