You are here:

Council tax discounts/disregards

Living in a nursing or residential care home

A person must have their sole or main residence in a nursing or residential care home. That is, the stay in the home must be considered permanent, as they are unable to return to their own home. The home must be a residential care home, nursing home, or mental nursing home that is registered under the Registered Homes Act 1984.

It may be a bail or probation hostel that is providing care because of old age, disablement, past or present alcohol or drug dependency, or past or present mental disorder. 

  • contact the Billing team on 024 7637 6534 if you wish to apply for this discount

Last updated Monday, 4th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did