You are here:

Council tax discounts/disregards


A home carer is someone who meets all of the following conditions:

  • they live with the person they care for
  • they provide care for an average of at least 35 hours a week
  • they are not caring for their husband, wife, or partner
  • they are not a parent caring for a child under 18
  • they care for someone who is receiving any of the following:
  1. higher-rate Attendance Allowance
  2. the highest or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance
  3. the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
  4. an increase in the rate of Disablement Pension or
  5. an increase in Constant Attendance Allowance

You must supply evidence with your application that the person cared for is receiving the relevant benefit.

Last updated Monday, 4th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did