You are here:

Council tax discounts/disregards

People who are severely mentally impaired

A person who suffers from impairment of intelligence and social functioning (however caused) which appears to be permanent. Anyone who claims for this disregard will need to give permission to the Council to contact the medical practitioner of the person concerned in order to confirm the impairment. In addition to this, the person seeking the disregard must be in receipt of at least one specified benefit or allowance.

Last updated Monday, 4th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did