You are here:

Council tax liability

Non-resident owners

In certain circumstances, the non-resident owners of particular properties will always be liable to pay the council tax. These types of property are:

  • Class (A) residential care homes, nursing homes and some hostels
  • Class (B) dwellings of religious communities
  • Class (C) dwellings in multiple occupation
  • Class (D) dwellings which are occasionally occupied by an employer whose staff are resident
  • Class (E) residences of ministers of religion
  • Class (F) dwellings provided to asylum seekers

Last updated Monday, 4th January 2016

Was this information useful?

You said, we did