You are here:

Council tax support

Are you eligible for council tax support?

Housing benefit and council tax support can help towards the cost of your rent or council tax charge if you are on a low income. You can claim if you are working and you do not have to be receiving any other benefits.

The amount of benefit you get depends on the level of your capital and income, together with your individual circumstances.

  1. How to claim
  2. Backdated claims
  3. Change in circumstances
  4. Overpayments
  5. Moving house
  6. Online benefit and support calculator

Last updated Tuesday, 21st March 2023

Was this information useful?

You said, we did