Energy bills rebate
Energy Rebate - Discretionary Scheme
Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council has developed a Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme to support those in financial difficulty. You are advised to read through the criteria before you make your claim for Discretionary Energy Rebate. Please read our Energy Rebate Policy, as this provides further information on eligible income and capital levels.
In the case of being over subscribed for the Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme, customers who have supplied all information required first will be offered the payment.
Customers who wish to make a claim for a Discretionary Energy Payment will be required to complete an application form.
You will need to provide evidence that you meet the criteria to be eligible to receive a £150 payment from the Discretionary Energy Rebate Scheme.
• you are in receipt of council tax support or another means tested benefit issued by the DWP or Pension Service
• responsible for making the payment for gas/electric or alternative energy supply direct to the supplier.
Customers will need to also meet the following criteria:
• That you were resident on the 1 April 2022
• The property is your sole residence
• Have less that £3000 in capital/savings
• Have weekly earnings of less than 37 hours x national minimum wage
To complete the application will need to provide the following:
• Council Tax account number
• Name as it appears on your Council Tax Bill
• Email address or telephone number
• Bank details of your bank account you wish the rebate to be made (you will need to provide evidence to support this i.e. your bank statement)
Once we have received a completed application form and have verified your bank account, your payment will be made. We expect this could take up to 14 working days.
Last updated Wednesday, 25th May 2022