HEART – Helping you live independently at home
Falls and Safety
HEART is offering a service to assist older or disabled residents to identify safety problems and remove hazards in their home.
The service aims to help assist eligible residents live safely at home by preventing accidents.
HEART staff will discuss home safety on the telephone and visit you at home to:
- Look for hazards that may contribute to falls or other accidents.
- Look at providing safe access into and around your home.
- Minor security issues
- Give practical advice on how to avoid falls and accidents
- Give advice about other services you may be able to access
- Check you are receiving appropriate benefits.
- Consider whether you can access a home safety grant for remedial works.
Eligibility: The service is available to Warwickshire residents who are age 55 or over or there is a disabled person in the household.
Available for private or social housing following permission from property owners.
Last updated Wednesday, 20th December 2017