Proposed Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations DPD
Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations Development Plan Document – Main and Additional Modifications consultation
- Consultation period: Monday, 4 September to Monday, 16 October 2023
This consultation has now closed.
What is the Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations Development Plan Document?
The Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations Development Plan Document (DPD) allocates sites in order to meet the Gypsy, Traveller and Travelling Showpeople needs from 2021 to 2037.
The document sets out a plan to provide sufficient pitches to meet the needs of the travelling community, to provide provision in sustainable locations with good access to local services and to provide provision in such a way that the local environment is protected and, where appropriate, enhanced.
What was this public consultation about?
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council undertook a six-week public consultation on modifications made to its Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations DPD.
As part of the examination process, amendments to the DPD have been agreed with the Inspector. These amendments have been split into two categories, 'Main' and 'Additional' modifications:
- Main modifications are those recommended by the Inspector to make the DPD sound and legally compliant.
- Additional modifications are those which do not materially affect the policies in the DPD, but which are generally minor factual updates, corrections of any errors or which are considered necessary for clarity.
Main and additional modifications consultation documents
- Consultation Document.
- Amended Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations DPD (2021-2037).
- Schedule of Main Modifications (2023).
- Schedule of Additional Modifications (2023).
- Letter requesting the Inspector recommends Main Modifications (2023).
- Post Hearing documents list (2023).
- Sustainability Appraisal Report Addendum - Appraisal of Modifications (2023).
- Main Modifications Habitat Regulations Assessment (2023).
Evidence base and examination documents
The evidence base and associated examination documents for the Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations DPD can be found in our document downloads section. Hard copies of the documents are also available for public inspection by appointment at Nuneaton Town Hall. Call 02476 376376 to book an appointment.
Last updated Wednesday, 18th October 2023