Borough Plan information
Adopted Borough Plan stages
The Borough Plan sets out a vision and a framework for the future development in the area, addressing needs and opportunities in relation to housing, the economy, community facilities and infrastructure – as well as being a basis for safeguarding the environment, adapting to climate change and securing good design. The Plan is also a critical tool in guiding decisions about individual development proposals.
Our Borough Plan is now adopted and the stages completed are listed below:
- Issues and Options - complete
- Preferred Options - complete
- Submission - complete: additional consultation needed on revised version which is the Publication version
- Publication - complete: submitted to Secretary of State on 6 June 2017
- Examination - complete
- Adopted Borough Plan - completed and adopted on 11 June 2019
The Borough Plan is available for inspection to download from our website, whilst a paper copy is available for inspection at the Town Hall between 9 am and 5 pm.
Last updated Monday, 11th November 2019