Borough Plan information
Borough Plan (draft) stages
The Borough Plan sets out a vision and a framework for the future development in the area, addressing needs and opportunities in relation to housing, the economy, community facilities and infrastructure – as well as being a basis for safeguarding the environment, adapting to climate change and securing good design. The Plan will also be a critical tool in guiding decisions about individual development proposals.
Our Borough Plan is currently being drafted and the stages completed and yet to be completed are listed below:
- Issues and Options - complete
- Preferred Options - complete
- Submission - complete: additional consultation needed on revised version which is the Publication version
- Publication - complete: submitted to Secretary of State on 6 June 2017
- Examination - complete: The Inspector has released his final report on the examination of the Borough Plan and has concluded that the council can adopt the Plan with the Inspector's recommended main modifications.
- Adopt plan - The adoption of the Borough Plan will be considered at the following meetings:
Last updated Tuesday, 7th May 2019