Borough Plan information
Planning Policy consultations
What are we consulting on?
We are consulting on several Planning Policy documents between 11 June 2021 and 6 August 2021. The documents we are consulting on are listed below, with links to the documents themselves.
- Borough Plan Review - Issues and Options
- Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans supplementary planning documents
- Gyspy and Travellers Site Allocations Development Plan Document - Issues and Options
- Town Centres Area Action Plan - Publication version
- Transport Demand Management Matters - Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document
The above documents are also available for inspection at the Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5AA, however this is by prior appointment only from Monday to Friday, between 9 am and 5 pm, and can be arranged by calling 02476 376 376. Documents are also available for inspection at Bedworth Library and Bulkington Community Library during normal opening times.
What are the documents about?
Borough Plan Review - Issues and Options
This document reviews national policy, the regional context, updates to evidence and monitoring in order to set out updates to the Borough Plan.
Conservation Area Appraisals and Management Plans supplementary planning documents
These documents appraise the borough's conservation areas' history and local character, and set out management plans to provide recommendations in relation to changes to the conservation areas.
Gypsy and Traveller Site Allocations Development Plan Document - Issues and Options
This document sets out how the need for Gypsy and Traveller pitches within the borough can be met through setting policies and allocations to guide the development of new pitches. This document has been informed by an updated Gypsy and Traveller and Travelling Showperson Accommodation Assessment, which is available in our document downloads section.
Town Centres Area Action Plan - Publication version
This document sets out a vision for Nuneaton and Bedworth town centres, and includes objectives to achieve the vision, as well as policies to guide development.
Transport Demand Management Matters - Parking Standards Supplementary Planning Document
This document sets the standards for the number of parking spaces we require from new development, in addition to our requirements for cycle parking and motorcycle parking.
Are there any events being held?
The following drop-in sessions are being helf for the public to come along and talk to Planning Policy Officers about the documents.
- Nuneaton Market (outside Next) - 23 June 2021, 12 pm - 2.30 pm
- Bedworth Market - 25 June 2021, 9 am - 1 pm
- CHESS Centre - 29 June 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Nuneaton Academy - 1st July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Goodyers End Primary School - 5 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Chetwynd School - 8 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Higham Lane School - 12 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Bulkington Village Centre - 15 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Bermuda Phoenix Centre - 19 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Woodlands Working Mens Club - 22 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Hawkesbury Meeting Place - 26 July 2021, 5 pm - 7.30 pm - CANCELLED
- Exhall Old School Community Centre - 26 July 2021 - 5 pm - 7.30 pm
- Ash Green School - 29 July 2021 - 5 pm - 7.30 pm
Please note the venue for the event on 26 July has had to be changed from Hawkesbury Meeting Place to Exhall Old School Community Centre, as Hawkebury Meeting Place is too small and has insufficient ventilation to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
How can I respond?
Response forms can be downloaded from our document downloads page, and completed response forms should either be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Planning Policy, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton, CV11 5AA by 11.59 pm on 6 August 2021. Guidance notes on how to respond to the consultation can be found in our document downloads section.
If you require further information in relation to the consultation, please use the contact details below.
Planning Policy consultation database
If you would like to be notified by email of any future planning policy consultations, you can join our consultation database.
To join, simply email us with the following details:
- Organisation (if applicable)
- Email address
If you no longer wish to be contacted, your details can be removed at any time upon your request.
Last updated Wednesday, 21st July 2021