Borough Plan information
Borough Plan (draft) stages
The Borough Plan sets out a vision and a framework for the future development in the area, addressing needs and opportunities in relation to housing, the economy, community facilities and infrastructure – as well as being a basis for safeguarding the environment, adapting to climate change and securing good design. The Plan will also be a critical tool in guiding decisions about individual development proposals.
Our Borough Plan is currently being drafted and the stages completed and yet to be completed are listed below:
- Issues and Options - complete
- Preferred Options - complete
- Submission - complete: additional consultation needed on revised version which is the Publication version
- Publication - complete: submitted to Secretary of State on 6 June 2017
- Examination - conducted by an independent inspector - currently in progress
- Adopt plan
For more information on the examination process and the role of the inspector, visit the government's local plans webpage.
Last updated Monday, 17th July 2017