Landlord information zone
- Damp and mould leaflet - this will help tenants understand more around damp and mould with some useful information and contact details.
- Tenancy ready guide - this information will help guide your tenant through setting up their bills and planning their budgets so that they can be as ready as possible to move in, enjoy their new home and not worry about getting into arrears or debt with bills.
- Landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities in the private rented sector
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards
- Fitness for Human Habitation Act 2018 - This Act comes into force from the 20th March 2019.
- Client money protection - From the 1 April 2019, all letting agents in England will be required to belong to a client money protection scheme when they are holding client money.
- Local letting agents - letting agents in the borough.
- Accreditation Scheme - how to join the Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council landlord Accreditation Scheme.
- HMRC Tax campaign - the Let Property Campaign gives you an opportunity to bring your tax affairs up to date if you are an individual landlord letting out residential property in the UK or abroad and to get the best possible terms to pay the tax you owe.
- Paying tax as a landlord - when you start renting out property, you must tell HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and you may have to pay tax. If you don’t, you could be charged a penalty.
- Consumer protection guidance - this guidance is to help lettings professionals comply with consumer protection laws, and laws about dealing with other businesses, in the context of letting privately owned residential property.
- Becoming a resident landlord - you are a resident landlord if you let out part of a property which is your only or main home, please follow this guidance if you are considering being a resident landlord.
- Landlord and tenant FAQs - read through some frequently asked questions from both landlords and tenants.
- HMRC Tax tutorial for landlords
- General data protection regulation (GDPR) and 12 steps to prepare for GDPR
View the variety of booklets and information for private landlords.
Last updated Thursday, 3rd August 2023