Environmental Information Regulations
What is environmental information?
The definition of Environmental Information is very wide and includes written, electronic, visual or audio information on:
- The state of the elements of the environment, e.g. air, atmosphere, water, soil, land, landscape and natural sites, biological diversity and its components, including genetically modified organisms.
- Factors affecting the environment e.g. substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases.
- Measures (including administrative measures) and activities affecting or designed to protect the environment e.g. policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements.
- Reports on the implementation of environmental legislation.
- Cost-benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions used within the framework of environmental measures and activities
- The state of human health and safety, including the contamination of the food chain, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they are affected by the state of the environment, or factors, measures or activities affecting the environment.
Last updated Monday, 21st December 2015
You said, we did