Planning and building control
This privacy notice relates to:
- Employees, elected Members, statutory and non-statutory consultees, members of the public, Planning and Building Control Applicants, suppliers and contractors of Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council who have roles in the Councils’ Planning and Building Control Service
- any other person or organisation who contacts the Council for Planning and Building Control service provision or are contacted by the Council for the Planning and Building Control service
It applies to information provided by post, application, email, telephone, face to face, text, social media and online.
The data controller
The data controller is:Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton CV11 5AA , United Kingdom
We will store the data in our computer and manual record systems and restrict access according to relevant policies and procedures.
The personal data we hold, which may include: your title, name, address, contact details, Signature, Date of Birth, any disability, bank/payment information and any other data relating to land ownership, insurance, and land occupation details.
In certain circumstances, it may be necessary to hold the above information about members of your family.
We will use this data for the following purposes:
- To meet the Council’s statutory obligations under the Town and Country Planning Legislation
- To meet the Council’s statutory obligations under the Building Act 1984, National Assistance Act 1984, the Health and Safety at work Act 1974, including any regulations made under those Acts
- To meet the Council’s statutory obligations in relation to Street Naming and Numbering, Land charges
- To meet the Council’s statutory Duty of Care and exercise the Council’s legal powers by investigating and enforcing breaches of planning and Building control, and giving advice
- To meet the Council’s obligations to be accountable for how It conducts its planning and building control services
- Where necessary, to detect or prevent crime
The processing is necessary so that the Council can fulfil its obligations in relation to Planning and Building Control.
Where the processing is necessary to manage your role within the terms of a contract you hold with the Council, data protection law describes this legal basis as necessary for the performance of a contract.
Where the processing is necessary to fulfil the council’s legal obligations, data protection law describes this legal basis as a legal obligation.
Where the processing is necessary to enable the Council to exercise its legal powers, data protection law describes this legal basis as necessary for performance of a public task, or in the public interest.
Where the processing is necessary to detect or prevent crime, data protection law describes this legal basis as necessary for performance of a public task, or in the public interest.
We may need to process Special Categories of personal information in order to assess any applicant-specific conditions. Where this is necessary, data protection law describes this exemption as being of substantial public interest.
We do not need your consent to collect or process your personal information. This is because we need the information in order for us to administer your contract with the Council or to fulfil our legal or contractual obligations, or in the public interest or the Councils’ legitimate interests. If circumstances arise that do not fall within these criteria we will seek your consent before collecting or processing your personal data.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council may pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud or other crime, for the long term storage of records in an archive, or for taking enforcement action. These organisations may include other public sector organisations, and contractors or agencies who are assisting the Council with its enforcement activities, or any other organisation where we are required or permitted by law to share information.
Your records are held within secure emails, in a secure section of the council’s information management systems, all of which are held on secure servers on the council’s network. Some records may be held in secure manual storage.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will process or retain your personal data for as long as is required by law, or in relation to other data for a period not exceeding 10 years.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
Last updated Thursday, 29th September 2022