This privacy notice relates to the Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council housing management system used for managing council properties and tenancies. It applies to information provided by post, email, telephone and the online customer and contractor portal.
The data controller
The data controller for the Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council NBBC Homes housing management system is:Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton CV11 5AA, United Kingdom
We will store the data in our tenancy and asset management systems and restrict access according to our data security policies.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is the information that we ask for during the application process. We will use this data for the following purposes:
- To provide a self-service account for you to access housing or tenancy services
- To create a customer record that allows us to link details of service requests to your information
- To manage your tenancy
- To provide you with housing support or refer you to a housing support organisation, if applicable
- To provide advice and guidance, if applicable
- To manage our council housing stock
- To provide a contractor management portal, where appropriate.
2.3 Legal basis
The processing is necessary so that we can create an account at your request; or in order for us to provide a service that you have requested. For tenancy support services, data protection law describes our legal basis as performance of a task carried out in the public interest. For tenancy and contractor management data protection law describes our legal basis as necessary for the performance of a contract.
If you do not provide the information we ask for we may not be able to provide the service that you need.
We may need to collect special categories of personal data in order to provide you with certain tenancy services. In these cases data protection law describes this exemption as being of substantial public interest.
We do not need your consent to collect or process your personal information in relation to the council's housing management system. This is because we need the information to provide you with the services that you have requested.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council may pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud or other crime, or if it is necessary to provide the service that you have requested. These organisations may include Warwickshire County Council, Warwickshire Police, the Department of Work and Pensions, or any other organisation where we are required by law to share information.
The council has a data processing contract with Civica whose systems will hold your data in a secure location in the UK, hosted by trusted partners. They are only permitted to process your data in accordance with our written instructions in order to provide you with the services you need.
It may be necessary to pass your contact details to our approved contractors in order for them to carry out any housing repairs you have requested or to complete planned maintenance or other improvements. The council's contractors may not use your details for any other purpose.
2.6 Retention period
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will process your personal data for as long as you remain a tenant, and for up to six years afterwards.
2.7 Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- to ask us to reconsider any automated decisions
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
If you are unhappy about how we are handling your personal data you can complain to the Data Protection Officer. You can also complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
The details for each of these contacts are:The Data Protection Officer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton, United Kingdom, CV11 5AA Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, United Kingdom, SK9 5AF
Last updated Tuesday, 10th December 2019