Accountancy, procurement and accounts payable
This privacy notice relates to Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council’s accountancy, procurement and accounts payable services. It applies to information provided by post, email, telephone and online.
The data controller
The data controller is: Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, Town Hall, Coton Road, Nuneaton CV11 5AA, United Kingdom.
We will store the data in our computer and manual record systems and restrict access according to relevant policies and procedures.
The personal data we hold includes: names, addresses, dates of birth, contact details (including but not limited to email and telephone number(s)), photographs, your tender submission information, supplier account information, contract details, information required by regulations (such as the Public Contract Regulations 2015),bank details and National Insurance Numbers. We may also collect names and contact details of anyone you have appointed to act on your behalf. We may collect this information from you, or from other organisations such as other councils, HM Revenues & Customs, Companies House, Credit Reference Agencies, the National Fraud Initiative, other customers, trade and/or sector associations, consultants/technical specialists, Auditors and other council departments.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or will be sought from referees or other contacts you have provided to the Council (such as references).
There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- It is necessary to hold this information for compliance with legal obligations such as the Financial Regulations 2007, Public Contract Regulations 2015, Concession Contract Regulations 2016, Local Government Finance Act 1992 and 1998, the Localism Act 2011 and the Local Government Transparency Code (all as amended from time to time);
- There are statutory requirements, such as reporting to Government and analysing financial data;
- Administering procurement exercises;
- Evaluating bidder submissions and tenders;
- Permitting audit and legal review of tender processes and contracts;
- Reviewing, managing and enforcing contracts;
- Making and receiving supplier payments;
- Making payments of salaries, allowances and expenses
- Receiving customer payments;
- Dealing with concerns and complaints;
- Considering requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004;
- You have requested a service from us;
- You have entered into a contract with us;
- It is required for the defence of legal cases;
- It is needed for employment purposes;
- You, or your legal representative, have given us your consent;
- You have made your information publicly available;
- It is necessary for law enforcement reasons and to prevent, and detect fraud or crime
- We need to protect individuals from harm (in an emergency); or
- It is necessary for archiving, research, or statistical purposes. For these purposes your data would be used in a pseudonymised format (name and other identifying information replaced with a unique number).
We do not need your consent to collect or process your personal information. This is because we need to process your personal information to comply with a legal obligation. Furthermore, the information collected is based on the information you have provided to the Council.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council may pass on your personal data to third parties for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud or other crime, or if it is necessary in connection with our revenues and benefits services. These organisations may include other departments at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, other local authorities including Coventry City Council, Warwickshire County Council and North Warwickshire Borough Council, Warwickshire Police, Government departments including the Department of Work and Pensions and HMRC, contractors or organisations providing support services such as software or credit reference agencies, or any other organisation where we are required or permitted by law to share information.
In some circumstances we may pass your personal data to enforcement agents and/or judicial agencies if it is necessary in order to recover outstanding debts.
Your records are held within a secure case management system and in a secure section of the council’s information management system, both of which are hosted on the council’s networks. If we keep manual records these are located within a secure file storage system.
If you do not provide the information we need, in some circumstances you may be breaking the law. In other circumstances it may not be possible to provide you with the services or support that you have requested.
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council will process your personal data for as long as you have a live business account or for a period of 7 years in accordance with the data retention policy. Please also note, contracts shall be retained on the following basis:
- Where an agreement is signed under hand successful bidder information is retained for the duration of the contract plus 6 years;
- Where the agreement is sealed as a deed, successful bidder information is retained for the duration of the contract plus 12 years.
We will keep your data for as long as we need it in order to comply with our legal or regulatory requirements or for other legitimate purposes.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right:
- to request a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records;
- where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing;
- in some circumstances, to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation;
- to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing;
- to complain if we refuse a request you may make using these rights and you are not happy with our reason.
We may refer any request you may make using these rights to another organisation, if they have been involved in processing your personal data.
Last updated Thursday, 29th September 2022