You are here:

Enforcement powers

Enforcement action and legislation

Environmental health deal with nuisance from noise such as loud music, banging and shouting. There are specific types of noise and premises that can be dealt with under the Environmental Protection Act. They cannot deal with one off instances, the nuisance must be regular and persistent. Noise must come from a residence or business such as music from a club. Unfortunately the legislation does not cover noise such as shouting in the street or loud music from cars. 

You can find further information on how to deal with dogs and noise pollution.

Last updated Thursday, 12th November 2020

Was this information useful?

You said, we did