Coronavirus outbreak: helping to support you
Rubbish and recycling
All of our bin collections are running as normal at present, however, there are some changes to our services:
- Judkins recycling centre (owned and managed by Warwickshire County Council) is now open with restrictions and you will need to book a time slot in advance
- Recycling bring banks are closed until further notice
- Bulky waste collections have now restarted. Check the guidance prior to booking to avoid non-collection
- Follow national waste guidance for people with confirmed or possible coronavirus infection
- We will only carry out emergency repairs to our tenants' home
Emergency repairs are those classed as necessary to avoid danger to occupants or damage to the property, eg. a total loss of electrical power, toilet broken or not working (where this is only one in the property) and major leaks in your water system.
If you have an enquiry related to homelessness and you are unable to call our customer services team by phone, please visit the Town Hall, knock on the main door, and someone will assist you to arrange for a Housing Solutions Officer to contact you.
The Council's Housing Allocations Service has resumed and is fully operational.
Landlords and tenants
We have prepared a summary of advice for landlords and tenants about their rights and responsibilities during the coronavirus outbreak and to support the Coronavirus Act 2020.
Private sector housing
We will only be visiting complaints of disrepair in privately rented properties if there is a risk of serious harm to the tenant or where the repair needed is an emergency. The responsibility will still be on the landlord to resolve these issues where an emergency exists. View further details of how private tenants can be supported with repairs at this time.
Rent and council tax
Bedworth Civic Hall
All upcoming performances at Bedworth Civic Hall have been cancelled but tickets for future events remain on sale. The High Street Coffee Bar is now open Tuesday to Friday, from 10.00am until 2.00pm with last orders at 1.45pm
Nuneaton Museum and Art Gallery
The museum is now open for pre-booked visits but if capacity allows, walk-ins can enter so long as track and trace guidelines are followed. We are closed on Mondays and Sundays. On Thursdays, only the ground floor is open. The museum cafe is open for takeaway and sit-down food between Tuesday and Saturday from 10.30am until 4.00pm. Restrictions apply.
Visit Everyone Active website for the latest information on our leisure sites.
Nuneaton and Bedworth markets are open. Anyone visiting the market must stay at least two metres from others and follow Government guidelines on social distancing, self-isolation and hygiene.
Parks, play areas and green gyms
Our parks remain open to the public. Children’s play areas and green gyms are now open across the Borough with guidance and advice regarding their safe use. Users will be asked to follow Public Health England guidance concerning washing hands and maintaining social distancing on and around the facilities. View Government guidance on access to green spaces.
We are currently not sending letters of consultation to residents on new planning applications . As soon as we are able to, we will be sending these letters and allowing the statutory 21 day consultation period for residents to comment.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to comment on any planning application
We will not be issuing any decision notices until consultation has been carried out.
Graveside restrictions on the number of people that can attend a funeral are in place and no more than 30 people can attend a graveside funeral service.
Pest control service
Pest control services are now available for treatments for infestations of rats, mice and wasps in domestic gardens and inside households.
If you believe you have an infestation of rats or mice, or a wasp nest that needs treatment contact Pest Control on 024 7683 2658
The pest control team will be following latest Government guidelines regarding social distancing during their visits.
- keep any children or pets in a separate room to which the pest controllers enter
- keep two metres distance between yourself and the pest controller during the visit
- if you have symptoms of COVID-19 do not book an appointment until you are clear from symptoms
- if you have been abroad and are adhering to the Government guidelines regarding a two-week quarantine period upon your return - you will need to book your appointment slot for after you have completed your quarantine period
For advice regarding other pests such as bedbugs, fleas, cockroaches or squirrels which we are currently not treating, visit www.coventry.gov.uk/pestcontrol pest pages for each specific pest species where you will find guides on how to self treat and until all services are back up and running.
Our abandoned vehicle removal contractor is currently not removing any vehicles due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Last updated Friday, 9th October 2020