You are here:

Animal licensing

Apply for a dangerous wild animal licence

  • The application form is available to download and the fee from 1st April 2017 is £202 + vets fees.

You need a licence to keep some animals considered to be wild, dangerous or exotic, for example:

  • wild cats
  • primates
  • wild dogs, e.g. wolves
  • certain pigs, e.g. wild boar
  • marsupials

View the full list of animals you need a licence for.

Hybrid or cross-bred animals may need a licence, depending on how far removed the animal is from its wild ancestor. Check with us if you're unsure.

Last updated Monday, 3rd April 2017

Was this information useful?

You said, we did